Friday, September 5, 2014

Trips, Thirst Quenchers and Thursday

The Man had the day off!  So we went to the Columbia Zoo!  We had a late start due to our landlord fixing our oven.  We've been without an over for two and a half weeks so it was a small price to pay.

Did you know you can save money buy pre-purchasing your tickets online?  How cool is that?  We passed the drive by listening to Weird Al's new CD Mandatory Fun, and some of our older favorites.    I love Party in the CIA.  Oh, he cracks me up.   I can't wait for his next album. 

There were so many animals running around at the zoo!  Everywhere you look- a wild boot!  Hehe, sorry.  Turns out there's an Army Basic Training base, post (?) right in Columbia and we guessed that it was family day as there were a bunch of young soldiers in their uniforms with their families.  A few grumbles were to be had from the Man, there is a giant difference between the Marine Corp and the other branches into where it is appropriate and where it is not appropriate to wear uniforms.

So.  This exists!



Its a tree kangaroo.  It is quite possibly the most adorable, puppet looking animal that exists.  Its like a cross between a calf, a lemur, and a teddy bear.

The Man and I got a kick out of the penguin feeding.  Well, I suppose I got more of a kick out of the Man's narration of the penguin feeding.

There was also this guy:


This giant gorilla was just lounging on the veranda for a siesta!  I love how he has one leg crossed over the one up against the window and one arm draped across his face.  Such a human position!  I wanted to get the Man to mirror the pose on this side of a glass but he wasn't for it.

We saw lions, and tigers, and koala bears!  And we bought some nectar to feed the birds.  I was NOT expecting to get swarmed the minute I stepped into the pen.  One of them peed on my purse, EW! Fortunately a quick dip in the wash will fix that!


After a few hours in the hot South Carolina sun we were done with the zoo and ready for a drink.  We found a small brewery- Hunter-Gatherer Brewery and Alehouse.  They have 4 of their beers on tap to choose from.  We went with the wheat- the Man got a delicious looking plate of Goldfish Mac & Cheese.  I went with a lamb gyro.  I took the meat and veggies and plopped them onto my salad and went without the pita to make it as Paleo as possible.  You know.  To go with my beer.

It was a great day out and about and exploring Columbia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Island in the Blue Bay, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena